Beech Holdings are actively seeking a Planning Assistant to join our fast-growing company working closely with the Directors to monitor and report on the progress of all planning applications.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to forge their career in Planning, working in a fast-paced environment and playing an important role in our success.
Skills & Qualifications
As a minimum, successful applicant must hold;
- Degree in Town Planning or a relevant discipline (ideally an RTPI accredited master’s degree)
- A sound understating of the English planning system
- Experience within a Construction industry environment
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Experience of town planning policy and law and NHBC standards
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both spoken and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team when required
- Ability to deal directly with clients, planning officers and contractors in a professional manner
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Assist on all planning applications
- Preparing design and access, as well as planning statements and discharge of conditions
- Organisation of the progress to planning applications, receiving updates from councils/MCC of our applications
- Attending team meetings and taking minutes
- Ensuring accurate filing of all planning documentation
- To be the main in-house point of contact for all planning related issues
- Co-ordinate and assist on updates of site ownership and any boundary issues with our solicitors and development surveyors and providing feedback where necessary
- To liaise with our Design and Build team to ensure all issues are progressed as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Assist in the appointment of planning consultants in conjunction with heads of department
If your application is successful, we will be in touch with you over the next 14 days to take your application onto the next stage. However, due to the high volume of applicants, if you do not hear from us within this period, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.