BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Somerfield Hospital has a vacancy for a Physiotherapist (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
- Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Outpatients, Inpatients, Sports Medicine, Hydrotherapy, participating in these patients’ pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate
- To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Physiotherapy Manager, and to deputise for him/ her as required
- To participate in on call and weekend rota
Duties of this role include:
- Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist/ State Registered Occupational Therapist with postgraduate general hospital experience
- Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)/ College of Occupational Therapy
- Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Knowledge of registered body and HPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Post graduate experience
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- The ability to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- The ability to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.