Up to £45,000 DOE
My client have been providing online short term cash loans since 2004 and during this time their product offering has evolved to meet customers’ needs. Their unsecured loans are designed to meet emergency cash flow needs and their aim is to provide a straightforward solution to these needs with a simple online application process, fair affordability assessments and same day loan funding for approved applications.
*A full clean driving license with access to a car would be preferred due to the location and needs of this role*
The PHP Developer Role:
As a PHP Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of backend applications. This involves working closely with Website Developers and designers, to ensure the website and applications are built as specified.
You’ll also work closely with the UAT Coordinator to test your server-side code. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
The main duties will be:
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of code for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API’s to enable system integration
- Reporting on development releases monthly
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively Promoted
Experienced and skilled in:
- Candidates must be fully conversant in PHP development
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- Candidates must be fully conversant with MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
- A knowledge of application security is desirable (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems)
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
- Experience working with GIT
Do you have our very own Mobile App?
You can apply for this and many other jobs using our Mobile App, just search "YourRecruit IT" in your Apple Store or Google Play!
What they offer:Competitive Salary, 5% Annual Bonus, Pension Scheme, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance,
23 days holiday (rising to 28 following 5 years’ service), Perkbox Benefits.
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Team Leader