£20,000 to £23,000
A junior buyer is required for a very successful, busy and continuously growing company based in Newport. The role is paying up to £23,000 for the right candidate with the role encompassing junior buyer duties along with PA support to the Director. If you feel this role is something suited please apply today as they are holding interviews this week.
- Planning wholesale buying of goods or commodities and records of cost and custom levies.
- Organising and arranging import goods orders with schedules,
- Freight and shipping arrangements, to include regular supplier contact and knowledge of currency exchange rates.
- Tracking and mapping overseas port departures, UK delivery arrivals and destination schedules
- Stock holding and forecasting with movements and trends awareness to advise directors and assist with planning orders in line with demands and harvests.
- Administration and record keeping to support the whole process of above tasks with precision
- To track payments from and to associated suppliers
- 20% of this role is also to be a PA support to the Director including diary management and arranging meetings with suppliers and customers
- Collating data and trends for reporting sales turnover and team results
- Foresight to pro-actively plan and support the well running of the directors business activities
- Previous buying experience within international imports is desirable
- Knowledge of consumable related imported commodities with market trends and harvests.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills for buying and communications
- High standard of accuracy of PC use and Excel for scheduling, record keeping with associated programme skills.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Miriam Thomas at Yolk Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job