Personal Assistant / Buyer required for a very successful, busy and continuously growing company based in Newport.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Executive Director, main duties are varied and interesting to include day to day activities in relation to buying imported ambient food associated with commodities.
- Planning wholesale buying of goods or commodities with accuracy and records of cost and custom levies.
- Organising and arranging import goods orders with schedules, freight and shipping arrangements, to include regular supplier contact and knowledge of currency exchange rates.
- Tracking and mapping overseas port departures, UK delivery arrivals and destination schedules
- Stock holding and forecasting with movements and trends awareness to advise directors and assist with planning orders in line with demands and harvests.
- General support for communications and information to internal colleagues and external associates
- Administration and record keeping to support the whole process of above tasks with precision
- Work closely with colleagues to maintain awareness of all related business activity and market movements
- To track and assist the chain and liaison of payments from and to associated suppliers
- Arranging meetings with suppliers and customers and general diary management for the directors
- To support customer sales team with wholesale product knowledge and scheduling
- Collating data and trends for reporting sales turnover and team results
- Foresight to pro-actively plan and support the well running of the directors business activities
- To undertake project work and P.A. related tasks as directed
Personal Specification - essentials we need for the role
- Essential to have buying experience with imported goods, shipping, freight, foreign currencies, & levies and duties in a similar field or business activity.
- Knowledge of consumable related imported commodities with market trends and harvests.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills for buying and communications
- High standard of accuracy of PC use and Excel for scheduling, record keeping with associated programme skills.
- Presentable, discrete, articulate and personable to represent and assist directors.
- Ability to work with focus, accuracy and attention to detail within timescales.
- Ability to prioritise, organise workloads to achieve best results for the business.
- Must have right to work in the UK and be local to Newport, Gwent.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Miriam Thomas at Yolk Recruitment.