Our client, a pensions consultancy, based in Belfast, is currently hiring for an Pensions Funds Accountant to support the accounts team.
- Preparing pension scheme Trustee Report & Accounts.
- Reconciling investment transactions.
- Preparing all the necessary working papers & reconciliations of the financial statements.
- Liaising with auditors and investment managers.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns (SA970).
- A proven accounting background gained within either an accounting practice or a third party pension's provider. Experience should include a broad knowledge of accounting techniques including reconciliation, year-end processes etc.
- Previous Pensions Fund Accounting (PFA) experience would be desirable although not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of Profund Aviary would be of advantage.
- Previous experience of checking work of other team members.
Training, education & qualification
- Studying towards or have obtained a recognised accountancy qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc. (Although, applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered.)
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
In addition to the necessary academic achievements, the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- High degree of numeracy.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- An aptitude for working with people both internal and external of the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- A client focused approach
- Flexible approach to work pressures.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Friday, 09:00am -17:30pm.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'