Due to a long term absence in our client schools PE department, there is a need for a qualified PE teacher to join them on a temporary basis initially, though this could be extended beyond the initially term on supply for the duration of the academic year.
* Potential to start as soon as possible for the right candidate
* Work in a well facilitated school with excellent management in place
* Smaller than average 11-16 mixed comprehensive (800 pupils on roll)
* Easily accessible via public transport links
* Full time PE teacher required, full PE teaching timetable
The school is located in the Whitefield area just off the M60 close to Bury new Road making the surrounding areas; Bolton, Rochdale, Manchester and Preston easily commutable. The school has seen a consistent climb in results in recent years, and achievement in Mathematics is above average, particularly for the most able pupils and those with average starting points. Pupils' speaking skills are good; pupils read widely and often and can write at length about their work.
The ideal PE teacher for this position will have previous experience teaching across both Key Stage 3 and GCSE groups, along with having excellent behaviour management skills to ensure the students are focused and engaged on their studies.
Requirements of this position as a PE teacher;
* UK QTS or relevant teaching based qualification
* Specialist in delivering PE across all age groups
* A willingness to contribute to the wider successes and development of the department
* Available to commit to a long term position in a secondary school
If you're a PE teacher looking to secure a position at our client school, or would like further information on this post or similar, please call Miles at Manchester North secondary on the details provided, or apply directly via the link below for immediate consideration.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.