Our client within the Charity Sector is looking for recruit an experience Payroll Processor to assist their large payroll team processing payrolls.
To provide an efficient, effective and proactive account service to a set of identified clients/PA’s using their payment services.
To provide high quality and consistent customer service, building proactive stakeholder relationships with customers, PA’s, agencies and social workers.
Responsibilities of Job
· To prepare the information required to process identified users’ payments (payroll, invoices or a blend), on a frequency determined in the support plan. This includes matching timesheets with authorised hours
· To support the Senior Payments Co-ordinator (Payroll) with payroll completion tasks, including printing payslips, reconciliation of payrolls Net Pay control, submissions of RTI, processing of Bacs payments, submission of HMRC payments
· To make all necessary calculations including any auto pension contributions and HMRC payments in readiness for processing.
· To maintain an up to date list of payrolls/invoice payments for each payment week and ensure the right payments are made
· To oversee in a timely way the collation and reconciliation of each account identifying any issues with a plan for resolution. The reconciliation will also involve sorting of any tax and HMRC and auto-enrolment issues
· To proportionally monitor all accounts to enable early identification of unusual patterns and addressing (or escalating) in a timely manner
· To provide account data to inform payment services reporting requirements
· Make amendments to ceased and deceased clients in liaison with Cash Controller
· Where safeguarding concerns are identified to escalate accordingly in line with their policy
· To liaise with internal colleagues as required to ensure seamless support to clients where they have more than one service.
· This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties
· Experience of working in a fast-moving payroll environment with direct responsibility for client accounts
· Experience of delivering excellent customer service through a range of mediums including face to face, telephone and email
· Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders
· Excellent administrative skills with an ability to organise a wide range of information
· An eye for detail and a 'get it right first time’ attitude
· Empathy and understanding of customer situation and needs
· An ability to use initiative to problem solve issues and to escalate in a timely manner where required
· An ability to self-organise workload to meet fixed deadlines
· An ability to work as part of a team
· Good written and oral communication skills
· IT literate with experience of Microsoft applications, familiarity with payroll packages
· Knowledge of Sageline 50, Payrite software and using a CRM
· Knowledge of the health and social care sector, and specifically personal budgets and personal health budgets
In terms of personal development, they have also just introduced a new policy whereby staff are able to apply for funding support to undertake professional qualifications - so in the case of these roles, it could be a CIPP qualification or specialist short course.
· 25 days holiday plus the 8 bank holidays as standard.
· Employer pension contribution is 3%. On satisfactory passing of a six month probationary period,
· They offer staff the opportunity to choose from a My Rewards Menu from which they can choose to increase their annual leave entitlement by 2.5 days or increase their employer pension contribution by 1%,
· Other options including a private health cash plan etc.
They also offer 4 weeks sickness absence at full pay, five days’ time off for dependents at full pay and enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Client Liaison
- Payroll Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'