Job Purpose -
To assist with running pf the Payroll department, ensuring it operates efficiently, legally and according to required timeframes.
1. Audit / process overtime, car mileage and expenses to ensure that payments made are compliant with company policy and procedures, querying any discrepancies promptly.
2. Reviewing & processing Statement of Fitness for Work documents received from employees.
3. Processing tax codes and student loans via Oracle and issuing P60's.
4. Assisting with the printing and distribution of payslips ensuring that employees receive a written statement of earnings by the payment date.
5. Preparing payroll data from previous financial years for electronic archiving.
6. Maintaining the court order spreadsheets.
7. Assisting with raising ad-hoc payments.
8. Opening and distributing post throughout the payroll team.
9. Assisting with filing of expenses.
10. Answering telephone and email queries relating to mileage, expenses and overtime ensuring that employees receive an accurate and prompt response.
11. Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by your line manager
12. Demonstrate flexibility as business needs arise.
Key experience and qualifications required -
1. Previous experience working in a busy payroll environment.
2. Confidence working with numbers.
3. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Good spoken and written communication skills.
5. To work well as part of the team.
6. Good organizational and time management skills, for meeting strict deadlines.
7. A clear understanding of customer focus.
8. Respect for confidential information.
10. Good IT skills.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send you CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Ryan at Service Care Solutions on or send an E-Mail to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job