An opportunity has arisen for a Patient Services Assistant at York Hospital on Ward 33. This is a busy medical ward caring for gastroenterology and renal patients. The successful candidate will be expected to work as an integrated member of the ward team and will be guided by the local and Trust policy and procedures. They must demonstrate care and compassion whilst ensuring that patients’ needs are met.
They will have a variety of key responsibilities including, but not limited to;
- Prepare patients and their environment for meals
- Assist with serving meals and drinks
- Ordering diets using the patients care plan under the direction of the ward team
- Observing patients and reporting changes to professional staff
- Prepare vacated beds for new patients
- Clean and tidy patients’ lockers and bed tables
- Carry out general light cleaning duties as necessary to maintain a high standard of hygiene, comfort and safety
- Assist in removing used clinical waste bags according to infection control policy
- Report equipment faults and defects
- Escorting patients as delegated
- Transporting specimens to the lab as required
Please be advised that this vacancy may close prior to the closing date stated, due to the high level of applications it may attract. If you would like to apply, please submit your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
It's not just the area that's a great draw. In addition, as a member of our team you’ll have access to one of the most generous and comprehensive pension schemes in the UK, a minimum of 27 days annual leave (on top of Bank Holidays) and an award-winning package of staff benefits (see link on the right).
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Alyshia Lane
Job title: Ward Sister
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'