The West Down Community Shop is at the heart of the community in the village of West Down. It is just 10 minutes away from Braunton and Ilfracombe and on the bus route.
The Community Shop is a very important part of village life and provides a wide range of services to the people who live in the village and to the many visitors who come to this lovely area.
We are passionate about providing local produce to our customers and trying out new ranges alongside the established favourites. We are looking for a part time weekend shop assistant
Salary Per Hour - Minimum Wage dependent on age
25 and over £7.83
21 -24 £7.38
18 - 20 £5.90
The Weekend Assistant is responsible for opening and closing the West Down Community Shop and serving customers.
Reports to Shop Manager
- Opening and closing the shop and ensuring the safety and security of the building and money
- Overseeing the receipt of newspaper and bread deliveries
- Ensuring shelves are restocked continually
- Rotating stock and ensuring sell-by/best before dates are strictly adhered.
- Serving customers and building up a rapport with them
- Dealing with enquiries
- Following health and safety procedures and emergency systems within the shop
- Ensuring all relevant mandatory checks are undertaken and recorded
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, particularly with regard to food hygiene, alcohol and tobacco sales and health and safety.
Some Previous Retail Experience would be helpful but not essential
Hours of Work
Saturday - 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Sunday - 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.