Our client is a one of the largest and oldest friendly societies in the UK and we have an exciting opportunity for a Part-time Social Events Organiser to join their team at the Birmingham Branch covering the West Midlands area. To be successful in this role it is essential you have your own transport.
In the role of Part-time Social Events Organiser you will be expected to work on your own initiative with flexible hours for 15 hours per week which includes some weekend and evening work. Please only apply if you are happy to do these hours.
Our clients’ aim is to improve the quality of life for their members through active social involvement, care support and a range of financial benefits and services. There are 129 Branches nationwide who are supported by a central office in Manchester.
The principal aim of the role is to help and support the Society to deliver the social element to its target market which is predominantly aged 50+. Social activity must be accessible and attractive to both existing and prospective members.
The Birmingham Branch provides a range of social, care and financial products & services to members in the West Midlands area. In the role of part-time Social Events Organiser, you will focus on increasing social events and developing membership and will be expected to:
* Develop social activities to increase membership
* Promote events in the local area
* Develop active involvement of members
* Build relationships with the local community
Applicants MUST have a UK driving licence.
To be successful for the role of Part-time Social Events Organiser you must have / be:
* IT literate
* Mobile with a car and willing to travel around the District
* Like meeting new people and be comfortable talking to groups explaining and promoting the Society
* Be able to initiate the plans/events discussed by the social committee, provide weekly feedback and take the lead in publicity of events and events diary
* A people person with excellent communication skills
* Able to speak confidently in front of groups of people.
* Patient and diplomatic
* Able to negotiate, persuade, organise, plan and manage your own time
You will receive a salary of up to £10 per hour, dependent on experience with fully expensed travel.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Charity, events, organiser, not for profit, social development, care, club, association, society, volunteers,
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job