Part time Chief Financial Officer
Our client is an established and successful specialist insurance intermediary and risk advisor with a highly experienced and credible team. They are a values driven organisation who put their Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at the heart of everything they do.
As part of their strategy for growth and vision for the future they are looking to recruit a CFO into a newly created role to be based at their Bristol office.
Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the CEO and accountable to the Board, the CFO will guide and shape the financial activities of the organisation, enhancing and complementing the delivery of the company's Financial Strategy and KPI's.
Supporting the CEO and Heads of Departments, the CFO will report formally on a monthly basis to the Board and specifically, via the Investment Director to shareholders. They will produce quarterly financial accounts to meet FCA regulatory and compliance requirements and on a day-to-day basis will work with the Head of Operations, who oversees the financial reconciliation processes.
Overall objectives of this role include:
- To build a strong finance function that provides proactive strategic guidance to the CEO and the senior management team.
- To support effective decision making through the delivery of timely reporting and prudent financial management.
- To build a long-term strategic cost management plan, with the aim of improving profit margins whilst growing revenue.
- To deliver strong financial governance, for management and stakeholders.
- To own and deliver the finance pillar within the financial strategy, ensuring the organisation meets the KPI's set by the CEO and approved by the Board.
- To work with the leadership team to improve existing pricing structures and provide financial support to the development of new products and solutions.
- You are a qualified accountant, ideally with a minimum of 10 years' PQE.
- You have experience of reporting to shareholders, ideally EIS or Venture Capital Investors.
- Whilst this role does not have formal compliance responsibility, experience of working within an FCA regulated environment would be desirable.
- You can demonstrate experience of managing risk, including financial risk - ideally within a rapidly growing SME.
- Some experience of supporting other colleagues in new product or solution development, specifically designing profitable and sustainable pricing structures would be an advantage.
- You have knowledge of accountancy software, ideally Xero.
Flexibility: 2.5 days per week (must include Wednesday)
Salary: £140k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks
- Finance Director
- Private Equity
- Regulated Industry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'