A new opportunity has recently become available for a Paralegal to join a highly regarded company based in Tunbridge Wells. This is an ideal role for somebody to help contribute to the overall success of the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team.
Key skills and responsibilities:
• Undertaking legal and medical research
• Providing support to fee earners by undertaking drafting work under lawyer supervision
• Attending and taking notes of meetings
• Assisting with development activities inc. research and preparation of documents
• Ensuring the smooth flow and high quality of documents and correspondence
• Ensuring that all documents are carefully checked before being passed to lawyers
• Undertaking specialist responsibilities
• Obtaining copies of clients’ medical records before sending them for collation
• Preparing new case summaries and summaries of medical records
• Word processing documents from hand-written notes or by transcribing recorded dictation
• Preparing witness statements
• Answering the telephone, routing calls and taking messages
• Organising case conferences and liaising with clients and medical experts
• Taking new enquiry calls and preparing notes for cases committee.
• Preparing CFA risk assessments and assisting in applications for funding
• Recording all new enquiries centrally
The successful candidate will need the ability to analyse large amounts of information, paying great attention to detail. In addition to this, it is important that you have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to explain legal matters to clients in a clear and concise manner.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop a successful career within a professional and supportive company.
To be considered, please apply now.