To provide financial planning support to advisers in a successful team and assist them in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and existing clients of HFM Columbus with clarity and in the context of the degree of complexity advising these clients necessarily involves.
- Preparing for and attending all client meetings wherever possible, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers and others.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients
- Preparing a series of lifetime cashflow models relevant to each clients circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes.
- Communicating these models to each client in person and subsequently in writing. Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each clients lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients financial plans, circumstances and objectives
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long term relationships.
- Liaising with other technical staff and other resources within the HFM Columbus Group in order to ensure consistent improvement of the HFM Columbus client experience.
- Being willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours.
Normal working hours will be between 9.00 am and 5.30 pm. This role requires that you are available to start work at 9.00 am until 5.30 pm, though there may be some flexibility, subject to approval.
It may be necessary to occasionally work outside of normal office hours in order to meet the demands of client meetings and pressing deadlines. In particular February and March each year and running up to the tax year end can be exceptionally busy and along with other team members, it may not be possible to take annual leave at this time, unless due to exceptional circumstances.
Person / Experience Required
Already be in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with sophisticated clients
Have 5 years minimum experience within the independent sector of the financial service industry
Be working towards becoming a Chartered Financial Planner (or IFP equivalent)
Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
Understands the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling
Ideally have experience of Voyant cashflow modelling software and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages. Computer literacy being a pre-requisite of this role
Previous experience of using Intelliflo an advantage
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.