We are an award winning craft bakery founded in 1983 with an excellent reputation for supplying innovative products for own label supply and our own branded products. We supply fresh products to supermarkets and major multiples and frozen product to the UK’s largest foodservice suppliers.
We are currently looking for Shift Managers/ Supervisors to join our Packing Team on the night shift.
- Motivate and lead your team to ensure that the product is packed, picked and dispatched correctly in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that a sufficient handover takes place with the previous shift Supervisor/ Manager
- Ensuring that the correct start up procedures take place at the start of the shift
- Organising the team between packing and dispatch areas for the most efficient use of staff numbers
- Ensure that high quality is maintained at all times
- Controlling and recording all metal detection sheets, packing department sheets, line faults, temperature and traceability reports, all new and existing settings for the packing machines and all dispatch paperwork including delivery notes and best before dates.
- Work with QA’s, helping them to remove rejected product from the packing area.
- Enforce all company quality and hygiene standards and lead by example at all times.
- Maintain a clean and tidy packing and dispatch area
- Oversee the training of shift members, ensuring there are adequate numbers of pickers and machine operators at all times
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Act as a role model at all times
- Attend management meetings as and when required
- Any other reasonable management requests.
- A positive/ can-do attitude
- Team working is essential
- Be able to work well under pressure and have a resilient attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus
- Flexible working attitude
- Previous experience of supervising/ managing a team in a manufacturing environment is required. Food experience is preferred.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Manufacturing Environment