Our Corby based client is recruiting a Packaging Technologist on a permanent basis to work in their Operations Department, providing the business with technical support to enable the successful selection and purchase of packaging components.
- Independently plan, lead and manage approved packaging related projects, liaising with relevant departments.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders. This will include; Close links with Procurement, Product Managers, Product Innovation Manager and Technical. Interface with key contacts within Operations, Engineering, Export, and In-House Design.
- Liaise with, and drive suppliers to achieve best in class solutions at the best price.
- Evaluate packaging options, ensuring they are compatible with brief requirements and suitable to meet the production constraints of the business, selecting appropriate suppliers and liaising with purchasing on price negotiation as appropriate.
- Independently investigate pack material issues encountered during day-to-day operations and identify (or facilitate identification of) solutions, following up with suppliers if appropriate.
- Plan, organise and execute packaging trials, including trials to check packaging for suitability and testing for performance under various conditions.
- Represent the company by attending first production runs of new designs at printers.
- Write reports on completion of trials and internal investigations. Keep relevant departments up to date on progress of projects to meet required deadlines.
- Generate and approve material specifications, working with packaging suppliers and the technical department, ensuring packaging is legal and compliant.
- Initiate and control packaging documentation as required e.g. pallet plans, carrier labels.
- Liaise closely with the Specifications Technologists to ensure packaging changes are effectively communicated to operations via factory and warehouse specifications
- To ensure that all the relevant and key technical and purchasing data is recorded in appropriate areas of the company's documentation system. Create new component codes on the ERP system, in an accurate and timely fashion for UK and Export markets.
- Liaise with Technical; Engineering and Design on pack content requirements as needed.
- Contribute to the costing process for new products liaising with NPD and Finance.
- Identify, manage and support initiatives in packaging cost reduction and production efficiency.
- Participate in other packaging related initiatives as required.
- Keep up to date with packaging developments / technological innovations within the industry and share within team as appropriate.
- Identify new innovative packaging solutions and work with internal departments to enable implementation as appropriate.
- To participate in procedural reviews appropriate to the function.
- Compile and submit packaging waste obligations work, initiatives, and voluntary codes of practice.
- Assist with internal recycling initiatives, to improve company's environmental credentials.
- Requirement to assist administration within the buying department.Undertake other appropriate duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection, Confidentiality etc., and all those contained within the Employee Handbook.
The successful candidate will possess a degree or equivalent level experience / qualification in a relevant packaging or scientific area.
You will also have the following specific experience:
- Practical knowledge and experience of a range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of current sustainability trends and issues in relation to packaging
- Proven numerical abilities in creating and interpreting technical data
- Relevant experience in FMCG
- Relevant technical experience in the field of flexible packaging
- Membership of The Packaging Society or similar industry body
You will also:-
- Be able to plan and organise own workload
- Have proven knowledge and understanding of the principles of packaging design
- Possess proven influencing skills
- Have good presentation skills delivering memorable messages to mixed audiences
- Have an understanding of legislative requirements for packaging
- Have a good attention to detail
- Be able to build effective relationships with internal teams and suppliers.
- Possess intermediate level IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
This is a great opportunity to join a company who value their employees, with a competitive salary, a wide range of benefits and opportunities to progress, so if you feel you meet the above criteria, email your CV now.
- IT literacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'