Location: Plymouth, Devon
Sales Executive Salary: £10,919 Per annum, Pro Rata
Working Hours: 20 Hours Per Week
Employment Status: 20 Hours Per Week, 9 Month Contract
About the company:
SWAT UK is one of the leading providers of training and consultancy services to the accountancy profession. In addition to running a wide range of accountancy courses in venues throughout England and Wales, as well as online, we also provide consultancy and compliance support to accountancy firms. SWAT UK is a dynamic, forward-thinking business and our mission statement is to improve the economic well-being and quality of life of clients and staff. Although we expect the very highest standards from all our staff, we are a friendly team where everyone is working towards the common goal of driving the firm forward. If you are looking to be part of a team in which everyone’s contribution plays a vital role in the company’s success, then we would love to hear from you.
SWAT UK is part of Wilmington plc Professional Division.
Main Purpose of Role:
This is a 9 month contract on a part-time basis of 20 hours per week to provide PA support and administrative support to a Board Director and technical staff and to provide good customer service to our clients.
1. Working 20 hours per week across 4 days.
2. Provide PA support to a Board Director and several other members of technical staff.
3. Managing diaries for SWAT UK’s consulting and lecturing staff.
4. Forging and maintaining professional and helpful relationships with our external clients and helping them make the most of SWAT UK’s services.
5. Setting up and managing consultancy visits and lecturing appointments for SWAT UK staff and sub-contractors. Telephoning and emailing confirmations and engagement terms to clients.
6. Keeping diary appointments and records of all client contact up to date on the company database and Outlook.
7. Proactively working with colleagues to monitor clients’ usage of SWAT UK’s services within their contracts and acting as client care contact for smaller firms.
8. Providing high quality customer service to all clients (external customers and internal colleagues).
9. Administrative tasks including: proof reading reports and correcting/ amending/issuing them to clients in a timely manner; booking and managing extensive accommodation and travel requirements; preparing papers for, attending and taking notes at regional meetings (likely to include overnight stays).
10. Liaising with other Regional PAs about shared tasks to ensure deadlines are met and departmental compliance procedures are carried out across all regions.
11. Meet and greet delegates at SWAT UK courses, as and when required.
12. Taking responsibility for own training on software or systems used at SWAT UK if not already familiar with them.
Skills and Experience Required
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in senior secretarial/PA role
• Experience of managing several people’s diaries and sorting out conflicting appointments
• Advanced skills in:
- Microsoft Word - formatting, track changes, mail merges
- Microsoft Excel - conditional formatting, formulae, macros
- Databases - use of company-wide content management system, recording, exporting and analysing data
- Microsoft Outlook - email, calendar, people
• Excellent communication skills including: a high standard of written English (spelling, punctuation and grammar); the ability to proof read and edit reports; a professional and friendly telephone manner
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Experience of data inputting
• Grade 'C’ or above in Maths & English GCSE or equivalent
• Good geographical awareness of the UK
• Knowledge of accountancy profession
• Experience of working to budgets
• Full UK driving licence & willingness to travel locally and occasionally to London
• A proactive approach to problem solving and using own initiative when under pressure
• Experience of providing support to colleagues located in a different region
- Administrative Support
- Management System
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job