Outsourcing Executive opportunity in top 10 Accountancy Practice in London. Practice experience up to £25000
Your new company
Top 10 Accountancy Practice in London
Your new role
* Act as a point of contact for the clients on their day to day affairs, with supervision where necessary, and ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
* Maintain good relationship with clients
* Respond to and deal with client queries in a professional and timely manner
* Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities
* Solid knowledge of double entry and a working knowledge of the requirements of standard accounting policies
* Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
* Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries
* Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses - authorisation, processing, and setting up for payment without supervision
* Preparation of bank and petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
* Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) or, depending on the individual job. prepare management accounts which are as complete as possible
* Be able to prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision
* Prepare year end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items
* Have an understanding of the FCA returns
* Draft VAT returns and have an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules with a basic understanding of the principles of partial exemption and how this operates
* Liaise with tax, payroll and other departments for client matters
* Have an awareness and basic understanding of the disclosure requirements of Companies Act and how this affects how accounts are prepared and presented
What you'll need to succeed
You will hold a relevant qualification (AAT or equivalent) and pursuing further qualifications (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), as relevant. You must be a good team worker with good communication and presentation skills. You will have strong organisational and time management skills with proven ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus. A successful candidate will be competent using MS Office, particularly Excel (intermediate level is required). You will be confident in use of accounting software such as Sage and Access and other relevant packages.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Adaptable and flexible working attitude
* Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
* Self-motivated able to use own initiative
To be considered for this role you will be a dynamic and positive individual who is able to work autonomously and keep the daily operations of the office running smoothly.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join a top 10 practice which will provide you with the platform to progress your career. You will receive a competitive salary and study support and a range of flexible benefits.
By joining this practice you will discover an ambitious firm with strong leadership and a shared direction. The working culture is inclusive, collaborative and supportive and the firm encourages employees to reach their full potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.