Outreach Teaching Assistant job, Alternative Curriculum, Tunbridge Wells
Start: ASAP Rate: £60 - £75 per day
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new and varied opportunity?
Do you have experience of or thought about working with young people who struggle with mainstream education?
This Alternative Curriculum based in the Tunbridge Wells area has an exciting future ahead. Currently catering for Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils who have been or who are at risk of being excluded from school; they also provide education for pupils who are from out of area and cannot find a school place, Looked After Children and other vulnerable and hard-to-place pupils. There are exciting plans for development making them a leading provider of alternative education in West Kent.
A key focus for the school is reintegration back into mainstream schooling. The role as an Outreach Teaching Assistant is to provide support in the Key Stage 3 centre in Tunbridge Wells, but to also support on a one-to-one basis within the mainstream classroom.
We would like to speak to SEN Teaching Assistants who:
- Have experience within an educational setting
- Hold GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others including Teachers, Parents and other outside agencies
- Have a background of working with children and young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties, and who are disengaged from education
- Have experience of supporting young people with additional needs including ASD
The school will offer a hardworking and supportive team of staff working jointly towards raising student achievement. Continual professional development is provided. The Headteacher has an excellent reputation within the Kent area having worked in alternative education for many years.
In return for your hard work and caring qualities CER Education Recruitment will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate of £300 - £375 per day
- Cash back on your CER DBS check
- Access to CPD via e-learning modules including Managing Extremes of Behaviour and Developing Self-Esteem
For more information on this SEN Teaching Assistant job in Tunbridge Wells, or for more information on other SEN Teaching Assistant jobs in Tunbridge Wells, call Tara Lancaster at CER Education Recruitment on .
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Pupil Referral Unit
- SEN TA
- Alternative Curriculum
- Tunbridge Wells
- Outreach TA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job