This role is with our AWS Outposts Operations team – delivering a new way of bringing Cloud Infrastructure directly to our customers. AWS Outposts brings native AWS services, solutions, and operating models to virtually any data center, collocation space, or on-premises facility around the world. Through Outposts, AWS customers can now use AWS APIs, tools, and infrastructure within their own premises and across the AWS cloud to deliver an unmatched experience. Fully-managed, maintained, and supported by AWS teams, AWS Outposts provide our customers with direct and local access to the latest AWS solutions as well as the customer support to which AWS customers are accustomed.
We are looking for a highly-driven and customer-oriented Data Center Engineer who will oversee all infrastructure-related tasks associated with installing and maintaining Outposts in customer premises and/or colocation partner data centers within the region. This includes ownership and accountability for the following efforts: building management systems (BMS), security protocols, access controls, power supply and resilience efforts, cooling systems, site hygiene, fire detection and control systems, preventative periodic maintenance (PPM), and all environmental aspects of the data center in which the Outposts units will be installed.
In this hands-on role, the Outposts Data Center Engineer operates with a high degree of professionalism and autonomy, regularly interfacing directly with Outposts customers to deliver a consistent positive customer experience. Partnering across internal cross-functional teams and external third-party partners, this role regularly innovates and enables technical solutions that address engineering challenges as they arise. The Outposts Data Center Engineer thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and must demonstrate, and inspire in others, a positive “can do” attitude and an unyielding focus on our customers.
As an Outposts Data Center Engineer, you will optimize the end-user customer experience around AWS Outposts through delivering on the following objectives:
• Maintain accountability for the overall engineering operations associated with installing and maintaining Outposts infrastructure within customer premises and/or colocation partner data centers, to include oversight for all mechanical and electrical engineering aspects associated with Outposts
• Proactively implement solutions that optimize the technical performance of Outposts units as it relates to mechanical and electrical requirements, security protocols, access controls, power and cooling systems, and other environmental aspects of the data center environments in which Outposts will be installed
• In partnership with Outposts customer operations leads, field technician teams and network service technicians, support installations and break/fix activities, trouble-shooting engineering-related action items as they arise and consistently delivering the appropriate level of support to deliver against established service-level commitments with customers
• Diagnose root causes and trouble-shoot rack power connection issues to minimize impact and consistently deliver against our goal of 100% uptime on all customer-supported infrastructure – learn from issues that arise and mitigate risk going forward
• Actively participate in efforts to drive a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and empowerment across the Outposts DC engineering operations team and associated cross-function partner teams
• Design and deploy strategies, tools, and processes that streamline and enhance the operational capabilities of the broader team and empower team members to achieve their collective best
• Collaborate with third-party servicing partners and colocation data center teams to program manage larger installations, engineering builds, and logistical efforts, making sure all required materials and human capital are in the right place at the right time
• Define and execute against key performance metrics for a significant number of small, medium or large-scale data centers (AWS, customer, or collocation data centers) in which Outposts are deployed – continuously drive data-drive improvements and achieve SLAs
• Own engineering operations-related aspects of critical event response/disaster recovery readiness programs
• Lead large-scale strategic initiatives that improve the overall operations and optimize the cost structure
• Consistently foster a culture of open and effective communication, minimizing the learning curve associated with tasks and ensuring all parties and customers are aligned around expectations and next steps at all times
• In support of 24x7 data center operations, may be required to work outside of standard working hours, to include nights and/or weekends (on-call rotations and/or on demand escalations) in support of client scheduling and/or time-sensitive escalations
• Physical ability to push and/or pull heavy objects into position (regularly lift up to 49 lbs and participate in team lifts of 50+ lbs)
• Ability to on occasion work in cramped spaces, elevated locations and/or at heights and from ladders, as required
• Frequent travel (up to 40% to both domestic and international client locations required
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'