About the opportunity
A vital role in providing our customers and patients the very best experience at Boots Opticians at every step of the customer journey. You will drive sales through great product knowledge and style advice to provide the most appropriate eyewear solutions for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating great rapport with customers and understand their needs throughout their journey; making recommendations suited to the customer’s vison and lifestyle needs
- Using the Optometrist’s recommendations to build perfect product solutions for the customer, including accessories, contact lenses and additional pairs
- Delivering the technical tasks in the practice by ensuring the safe supply of eyewear, such as ordering, verification, contact lens teaches, glasses collections, glasses adjustments and relevant administration
- Delivering operational processes and tasks relating to the role such as date checking, banking etc, in order to give right first time customer care
- Act as a buddy and mentor to colleagues within the team and stores, in particular support Eyewear Stylists to develop their knowledge and skills
- Follow all legal and professional requirements and clinical SOP’s to the required standards
You will be incredibly personable and be able to communicate to a wide variety of customers. It will be imperative that your product knowledge on lens, frames, and brands is excellent and you have the confidence to share this consistently. Other key capabilities you will need are:
- Technical knowledge of the clinical SOP’s relating to clinical and dispensing processes
- Fact finding and active listening
- Engaging product presentation through storytelling and the ability to explain product features and benefits in non-clinical language
- Assisted selling expertise
- Rapport and relationship building with customers and colleagues
- Ability to organise your work, multitask, and show attention to detail
- Proactively identify and solve problems
- Ability to tactfully and competently handle questions, objections and concerns/complaints
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'