Operations Director (Interior Design / Luxury Homeware - Accessories, Furniture, Lighting)
As an established and recognised name within interior design, our client values two concepts above all others; design and craftsmanship. Collaborating with artisans to design and craft beautiful pieces domestically and internationally, theses creations are showcased in some of the grandest of stages across residential, commercial and hospitality channels. This makes our client one of the most well respected companies with a heritage second to none
Our client is looking for an experienced Operations Manager/Director to take the responsibilities of the operations. In particular the responsibilities will include:
- Overall operational responsibility of product development, design, quality, supply chain, sourcing and production process
- Small batch production and bespoke lighting and furniture pieces and distributing worldwide
- Planning and scheduling for in-house production teams (20 decorative painters, 5 Assembly Team members, along with the assembling and wiring a diverse collection of lighting)
- The purchasing and managing of components made by artisan makers and inventory control
- Monitoring of orders/understanding of the critical path, QC (brand and technical compliance to LIA/CE/UL), logistics, bespoke packaging, orders and dispatches (MRP/scheduling system
- Overseeing logistics including a despatch team, lampshade team and a 2-man driving team. Ensuring efficient use of the on-site warehousing and bespoke packaging systems
- Leading improvement projects within the operations environment, with a specific goal to simplify the processes around the custom requirements. Responsible for the systems used from order release through to despatch including MRP and scheduling system
The Successful Candidate
The qualities of the successful candidate will include an enthusiastic approach to leadership of a collaborative team, setting clear objectives / expectations / standards with an ability to immediately deliver direct results from the management team. A full working knowledge of the needs of end users, manufacturers, designers and distributors as well as a commercial awareness of the needs of the business including budget expectation and control, buying & production margin restraints, logistical challenges and an analytical / systematic approach to leading projects.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be working for or have recently worked within the industry sector or closely associated sectors across interior design and luxury goods. Experienced in ERP systems (SAP or Microsoft Dynamics would be advantageous), with strong IT skills and knowledgeable in how to apply systems to support a niche supply and production environment. A very people orientated, collaborative leader with ability to set clear expectations and inspire a strong existing management team
- Operating Systems
- ERP Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'