This job has ended. Find similar jobs.

Oncology Clinical Trainer

Posted 21 February by Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare Ended

This is an exciting opportunity to join the LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare Clinical Training Team, whilst also continuing in your oncology patient care. You will be responsible for being on the rota 25% of the week and undertake clinical training for the other 75%. With ever increasing demands on NHS resources, home care is becoming an important alternative to deliver a better patient experience, better health outcomes and contain rising healthcare costs. LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare is a leading player in this market and growing rapidly. It will be necessary to communicate effectively at all levels within the company and with external customers, patients and their families and act as a role model and expert clinical practitioner. A major part of your role will be to facilitate and lead in the induction, education, and continuing professional development for the staff in each team in regard to the acquisition & maintenance of clinical skills in conjunction with the other Clinical Trainers.

Duties and Responsibilities:

LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare delivers a comprehensive range of solutions in "out of hospital" care. Providing care for acute and complex medical treatments. This role will support the delivery of consistent, evidence based standards and effective training and competency monitoring across the UK. As a national team you will set and maintain the standards of clinical excellence. In addition to this you will continue to deliver oral and IV chemotherapy and other cancer related therapies to patients in their homes.

Salary and Benefits:

We offer market leading packages £35,000 + Car or allowance all business travel costs plus laptop, a tablet, mobile phone, excellent educational, professional and promotional development opportunities and plenty more.

You will:

  • Be highly visible in the field.
  • Demonstrate clinical expertise in the care of the patients in the service.
  • Act as a role model demonstrating high standards of practice.
  • Work closely with Nursing Services Managers, National Oncology Clinical Lead and National Clinical Training Manager producing information reports as required.
  • Have an oncology and/or haematology background
  • A recognised chemotherapy qualification cannulation, venepuncture and chemotherapy administration competencies

About Us:

LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare

We're one of the most experienced providers of clinical homecare in the UK, and we've been supporting patients in this way since 1975.

We provide care to more than 67,000 patients in their own home, place of work, or in the community - ranging from straightforward delivery of medication, to specialist nursing for complex conditions. We work in partnership with the NHS, pharmaceutical companies, private medical insurers and consultants.

We're passionate about what we do and the difference we make to our patients' lives. It's this dedication that ensures we constantly deliver outstanding levels of care to our patients.

We used to be called Bupa Home Healthcare and in July 2016 we were acquired by the Celesio UK group of companies, a leading provider of healthcare services, including LloydsPharmacy.

Required skills

  • Trainer

Reference: 34523874

Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.

Report this job