Reporting directly to the company directors the Office Manager will provide support with the day to day running of the business. The successful candidate will also ensure the smooth running of the office on a day to day basis and manage a team of administrative staff.
A confident, professional and robust individual is required.
- Supervise and monitor the work of administrative staff
- Liaise with staff, suppliers and customers
- Deal with complaints and queries
- Organise meetings, document and distribute meeting minutes
- Organise company events
- Implement, maintain and improve procedures/office administration systems
- Manage the HR function; keep personnel records up to date, recruitment, arrange interviews, staff inductions
- Manage all aspects of the company's health and safety; update/review risk assessments, update policies and procedures
- Attend meetings with senior management
- Oversee daily operations of the accounts department
- Using Sage 50 to produce reports, calculate and investigate anomalies in profit margins
- Manage the company pension for five companies, liaise with the company's financial advisor
- Liaise with company accountant on payroll/personnel matters
- Manage and upkeep of facilities/building
- IT support in conjunction with IT support company
- Work alongside the company Branch Manager in the day to day operations
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Reliable and discrete: the PA will often learn of confidential matters
- Computer literate; MS Office - Word and Excel, email systems (essential)
- Sage experience (essential)
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Problem solving skills, able to use initiative
- Leadership and the ability to 'make things happen'
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Office Manager to join an ambitious and fast-growing distributor of specialist building products located in Haslemere on the Surrey / Hants border. Competitive salary plus benefits, including pension and 25 days annual leave on offer. Apply now!
- Office Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'