GAMCO Asset Management UK Ltd, a global investment firm headquartered in Rye, NY is seeking an Office Manager and Marketing Support person to join our London team. The position requires a candidate with strong Office Admin and & Marketing support skills as well as strong customer service and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will interface with senior executives, customers, clients and vendors.
- Provide administrative support to office team members
- Prepare itineraries, presentation materials, handouts for client presentations and roadshows
- Organize travel - hotels, flights, transfers, entertainment
- Plan, organize and project manage the logistical and cost-effective delivery of events.
- Manage calendars through Outlook, including understanding manager’s priorities to effectively manage calendar
- Manage follow-up communications to clients and prospects ensuring it is done professionally and in a timely manner
- Coordinate all aspects of conference calls / video conference / Live Meeting for multiple time zones
- Handle incoming calls and be able to exercise independent discretion when responding to inquiries
- Excel at multitasking (organizational skills), to handle multiple and competing demands with tight deadlines
- Responsible for receipt and delivery of multiple forms of correspondence for the daily functioning of the business.
- Provide book keeping entries, check preparation, and related clerical support including the mailing of approved correspondence, photocopying, answering the telephone and communicating messages.
- Track costs and confirm budget details and invoice payments.
- Communicating details with all members of staff and external contacts.
- Maintain a directory of information relating to forthcoming events.
- Process invoices and expenses.
- Managing general events logistics - invitation design, sourcing and booking suitable venues, managing the details of the event - room set up, audio-visual, catering, final numbers, presentation information, welcome dinner and entertainment, and general on-site event support to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- Collation of function and event information ensuring that badges, signage, delegate packs, menus, brochures and supporting material etc. are available.
- As directed by manager and based on client needs, generate marketing documents for presentation to the client
- Equivalent experience (2-5 years min) in a Admin / Marketing role
- Prior experience working in a financial services environment
- Strong organizational skills and admin experience
- Native English speaker; additional language skills a plus
- Proficient systems skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to client service
- Remains calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written
- Strong customer care ethics and ability to build relationships at all levels
- Approaches challenges with a 'can do' attitude and goes the extra mile on all projects
- Takes ownership of projects and is pro-active and flexible in approach and willing to work in a fast paced changing environment
- Adapts plans and re-prioritizes work to meet changes in needs and meet deadlines
- Minimum undergraduate degree from Accredited institution
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Support
- Office Administration
- Operations Management