Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity working as part of North Yorkshire County Council within Adult Services.
As an occupational therapist, you'll empower people to carry out everyday tasks or occupations with more confidence and independence in order to improve their health, quality of life and wellbeing. You'll create individual treatment programmes and suggest changes to the person's environment, whether that be at home, work or school, and may introduce the use of equipment which will help with some activities. You'll review the treatments periodically, evaluate progress and make changes as needed.
· You will provide technical expert information in relation to moving and handling of people and equipment and techniques to support carers both formal and informal.
· You need knowledge and experience of care reduction techniques to support flexibility in care packages, advice, and support.
· You will take a pivotal role in relation to complex cases and will need to provide face to face assessments in a person's place of residence.
· Working flexibly across a large geographical area with complex casework, primarily focussed on moving and handling assessment and planning.
· Registered with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist and able to evidence this Substantial post-qualification experience of assessing adults in a community setting (Minimum 2-3 years).
· Recent and relevant experience and training related to moving and handling of adults within complex situations; including the ability to complete and deliver Moving and Handling risk assessments and support plans as per the Moving and Handling regulations with evidence to support.
· Experience of applications to equipment panels for exceptional equipment to support a person's outcomes.
· Experience of electronic case management systems and be IT literate Experience of Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty safeguards.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working as an occupational therapist.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'