We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join a well-structured and dynamic team in Slough. Due to the nature of the job, our client offers a full time contract with an opportunity to work one day from home, a fair and manageable caseload and further training in your portfolio. The vacancy will be for an initial 3 - 6 months with potential for extension.
Main Duties for the Occupational Therapist includes;
- Work within Housing Needs to assess the housing problems experienced by people with health needs and disabilities and make recommendations on priority for rehousing
- Provide expertise on health and disability issues which enable the Council to develop policies which improve housing options for people with disabilities.
- Advise on new build schemes and work with multiple agencies
To Be Successful;
- Previous experience working as an Occupational Therapist in Social Care
- Manual handling experience
- Major adaptations experience and knowledge of wheelchair design
- HCPC Registration
- Enhanced DBS/CRB (we can obtain for you)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Occupational Therapist Qualification
Benefits of Working at Slough Council
Our client offers the opportunity for additional training for both perm and temporary members of staff within the authority. With new projects underway in various teams, they offer a very competitive rate of pay. Also free onsite parking is offered to all staff.
Why Join Our Agency?
With over 10 years' experience recruiting directly into social care, Ackerman Pierce prides itself on the unique services we deliver to our candidates. Each candidate is assigned their own personal consultant who will support them through every placement. We also offer a DBS and a quick and easy registration process. Not forgetting a guaranteed payment into your account every week
To discuss this Occupational Therapist vacancy in Slough Council, or any similar roles we have available, please contact Gavin Wright or email us your updated CV today!
- Occupational Therapist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job