We are currently looking for an Inspirational, enthusiastic Nursery Nurse to be a room leader at one of our Award winning settings.
* York Press Employer of the Year 2016
* NDNA 2016 Best Nursery in the North
* NMT 2016 Green Nursery of the Year
* Little Vikings 2016 Best Nursery in York
- Lead a Room Team.
- Safeguarding children, ensuring excellent education and childcare
- Maintain a safe, secure and caring environment.
- Take a leading role in the development & monitoring of high quality learning and teaching.
- Take an active role within the Nursery Leadership Team.
- Go the extra mile in delivering the Nursery's vision.
- Responsible for the room’s staff team, as well as students and volunteers in the room.
- To lead the Room team, in providing a friendly, caring and stimulating environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care
- To work within and support the Nursery Leadership Team
- To supervise staff, student and voluntary workers. Maintaining a pro-active and professional team.
- To ensure all daily routines are adhered to and records kept up-to-date
- To support the Deputy Manager in maintaining staff levels
- To oversee the planning and implementation of activities in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework
- To ensure children get the best start in life by leading a team who work in close partnership with parents/carers to develop independence, confidence and self-esteem. Building the children’s resilience and well-being.
- To facilitate staff development by encouraging and supporting members of your team and conducting regular supervisions.
- To supply the Management Team with information to support the appraisal process
- To work closely with multi-agency professionals as needed to support individual children
- To communicate with parents and external contacts in a professional, concise and polite manner.
- To oversee an effective key-person system.
- To liaise with the Transition Co-Ordinator and other Room Leaders to provide a smooth transition for children when moving rooms, onto school or to another setting.
- To ensure both you and your teams specific duties regarding Health & Safety and Fire Procedures are understood and actioned
- To attend Nursery Leadership Meetings.
- To organise and oversee Room Planning meetings with your team To oversee and organise Parent Evening appointments.
- To attend and take an active role in Whole Nursery Staff Meetings & Nursery Events.
- To keep informed of current Early Years issues.
- To be proactive in the continuation of your own learning to improve the outcomes for children and their families.
- To support The Management Team with opening and closing procedures of the nursery.
- To carry out any adhoc projects or duties as requested by the Management Team.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others ensuring compliance with our Health & Safety Policy.
- To comply yourself and ensure compliance of your team to the Nursery Policies and Procedures.
- To act as an example of the Nursery Staff Uniform Dress Code and ensure that your staff team adheres to it.