You must have the highest levels of conduct and professionalism at all times. You must be willing to accept new challenges and taken on new information have the desire to become an outstanding nursery officer and offer outstanding childcare practice, You must have a thorough understanding of the nursery policies and procedures relevant to your role with additional emphasis on your knowledge and understanding of the nursery safeguarding policy. You should have knowledge of current legislation and guidance which governs our activities including the appropriate sections of the Children’s Acts 1989 and 2006 as well as all current health and safety, race relations legislation and the EYFS.
Working Week: Mon to Fri 9pm to 6pm or 8pm to 5pm (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
Responsibilities and Duties
Level 2 Childcare Qualified:
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home like environment
- Have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Operate a key person system and liaise with parents, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group and each individual child’s needs and interests
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
Your room leader, 2nd in charge, the Management Team (and when applicable to the Senior Nursery Officer)
You are directly responsible for the children in your care. You are also responsible for any trainees who are working in your room helping to supervise their training and effective practice. You are also responsible for the care of every child and the good conduct of every staff member in any situation when you are present.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS or have an update to one within the last year.
Could you please answer the following:
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have experience in a child care setting?
- Do you hold a level 2/3 in EYFS or equivalent?
- Do you hold a clear DBS dated within the last three years?
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 years’ experience in a childcare setting
- An appropriate qualification level 2 and/or recognised by the DFE as full and relevant for the EYFS.
- Willing to work towards level 3 childcare qualification
- Willing to work towards Pediatric First Aid Certificate
- Willing to work towards Food & Hygiene Level 2 certificate if necessary
- The commitment to provide first class childcare
- The ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
- Good organisational skills
- A caring, kind and approachable manner
- Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A commitment to safeguarding
- Able to work full time hours over 5 days
- Pre-school, toddler or babies experience
- A strong understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience in planning and implementing activities, completing children’s weekly diaries and learning journals etc.
28 days including Bank Holidays and the Christmas closure.
- Child Care