Nursery Manager for Flourishing Family Run Nursery
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Nursery Manager to look after a Medium, well established Nursery based in the Catford Area.
The Nursery, which is part of 9 nurseries based around the South East, is of a Family owned chain. It is around a 40 place Nursery which has state of the art facilities, fantastic outdoor space and a large pool of resources with great opportunities not only for staff but for management with long term development opportunities. This is coupled with a strong base salary package, performance bonus scheme and extra additional benefits.
As a Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for the successful and profitable running of the nursery setting, and as such you will be expected to have experience in managing a budget, payroll costs and other nursery expenses. You will be joining a strong management team who will help look after the day to day running of the Nursery which also includes the qualitive and commercial running of the Nursery. You will also be in charge of a committed staff team which houses 16 permanent members of staff along with your own Bank Staff team.
This is an exciting and fresh challenge for a Manager, who has already managed a large setting, to take the next step in their managerial career.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To effectively lead and manage a large staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends
- To effectively manage the budgets and occupancy levels
- To implement an effective parent liaison programme, to be influential in developing strong links with parents
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a setting of a similar size.
- NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Excellent Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good time management skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge and understand of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job