The Children’s Community Nursing Service in Newcastle has an excellent opportunity for someone to join our team in this full time substantive post. The role and responsibilities
• To work as part of a team to provide a clinically effective, evidence based service for children/young people with complex health needs/and or technical dependency in their own environment as well as children requiring clinical care following an acute illness to assist in earlier discharge from the Great North Children's Hospital, across a 7 day service.
• To be responsible for an allocated caseload for the assessment of care needs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of support and interventions within the multi-disciplinary and multi-agency team.
• With clinical supervision and guidance the post holders are expected to manage their own caseload and to work independently and as part of a team.
• To facilitate early discharge from hospital and delivery of care in the child’s own environment across a 7 day service.
• To promote the physical and emotional well-being of children with special needs.
• To teach qualified and unqualified staff and carers clinical procedures and assess competence in relation to individual children, using evidence based practice
We are looking for an experienced Children’s Nurse who has excellent communication skills and leadership qualities. It is essential that they have a current driving license.
Previous applicants need not apply.
This post is for 30 Hours/WeekFor further details / informal visits contact:
Claire Connolly at
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'