Dentons is the largest energy practice in the world according to industry ranking by Law360and is the UK law firm most consistently ranked in Tier 1 in Chambers and the Legal 500 for Energy since records began over 15 years ago. We pride ourselves on understanding the energy industry, and realising the opportunities within traditional sectors as well as new technologies. Upstream or downstream, from exploration and generation to marketing and retail, Dentons provide innovative advice and insight from a global perspective. We help equip businesses with effective solutions across the energy sector, from transactional and regulatory advice to political guidance and dispute resolution.Infrastructure and Project Finance
Our Infrastructure practice is one of the largest and most experienced of any international law firm. It combines a deep and current legal expertise with sophisticated marketplace knowledge and industry expertise. We regularly act for project companies, developers, banks, investors, multilateral agencies, contractors, governments and other public sector bodies. We are active in all infrastructure sectors across the globe, and regularly act on rail, airports, health, education, roads, bridges and tunnels, prisons, public buildings, housing, water, wastewater, waste, defence and information technology projects.Purpose of role
Our highly regarded Construction team is looking for a solicitor with a high level of experience in a non-contentious construction environment.
Candidates will ideally have at least 3-4 years of non-contentious construction experience; however, we will consider all candidates with suitable skills and knowledge.
You are likely to have gained excellent skills in your field on a range of projects, be able to handle your own caseload from the outset and be committed to developing personally and professionally. Based in Milton Keynes, you will be working as part of an established, specialist team dealing with high quality work offering variety and responsibility. An enthusiasm for maintaining and developing client relationships is vital.
The Dentons' construction team is part of the Energy, Transport & Infrastructure department, which in turn sits at the heart of the broader firm.
Over the past five years, this team has flourished and is regularly instructed on top tier work.Responsibilities
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of:
- Acting for major developers and funders on major developments
- Preparation of building contracts, consultants appointments, warranties and associated documents
- Advising funders, purchasers and tenants regarding contracts and appointments
- Working alongside real estate/finance/banking teams
- Working to the highest standards in a pressurised environment
There will be opportunities for you to contribute to the team's business development activities. As part of your continued development, you will also prepare and deliver training (internal and for clients), write articles and assist with seminar presentations.Required experience, skills and attributes
- You will ideally have 3-4 years, post qualification non contentious construction experience; however, we will consider all candidates with suitable skills and knowledge
- You will have trained with a recognised firm and will have had exposure to non contentious construction matters
- You will have experience of maintaining client relationships and contributing to business development
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.