Night Worker - Homeless Hostels (Part Time)
Are you a compassionate, caring person who thrives on making a real difference to people's lives? North Wales Housing is a successful social enterprise that takes pride in looking after its employees, and an exciting part time opportunity is available to join the friendly team at the Noddfa Hostel in Colwyn Bay.
Who will I be working with?
As an ambitious social enterprise North Wales Housing provides homes and delivers services to over 2,500 households across North Wales. The growing organisation employs around 200 people and is proud to be accredited with an 'Investors in People' award.
So, what will the role of Night Worker entail?
Reporting to the Scheme Manager, as a Night Worker you'll be responsible for ensuring the safety of the Hostel and its residents during the night time hours, with your duties to include, although not be limited to:
- Responding appropriately and effectively to any incidents or emergencies as and when they occur
- Maintaining accurate records and files, preparing electronic and paper reports
- Contributing to the safe and effective day to day management of the Scheme
What will I need in order to be considered for this Night Worker role?
- Experience working in a client support centred role (e.g. supporting individuals in reporting maintenance issues, making healthcare appointments, pursuing hobbies, securing training and employment, etc.)
- Ability to hold everyday conversations in Welsh
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with colleagues
- Ability to stay within professional boundaries and work in a confidential manner
- An awareness of the support needs of vulnerable people with the ability to work alone with confidence and good judgement
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
This post requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £15,925 - £17,258 per annum (pro rata)
Additional benefits: Employee health assistance scheme, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, payment of professional membership, contributory pension scheme plus much more
Contracted hours: 22 hours per week, working on a 3-week rota that will include weekdays, evenings and weekends
Location: Noddfa Hostel, Colwyn Bay (Conwy, North Wales)
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Thursday 31st May 2018 at 1pm
Interview date: 15th June 2018
By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the North Wales Housing website.Once redirected, please select the relevant vacancy related to your preferred location.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Night Worker - Homeless Hostels vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer North Wales Housing. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer North Wales Housing, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job