REED Social Care are currently recruiting IMMEDIATE NIGHT Support Workers (Temp to Perm) for a Specialist Residential School based near Blandford.
Our client is offering a long Term, Permanent position, regular shifts including overtime, additional training towards Level 3 Young Persons and Childcare Qualification.
Are you looking to work in a rewarding enviornment, providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people in a variety of settings.
The role involves enabling young people to develop by providing physical and emotional support. As well as working as part of a team to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of young people first. Important qualities of this role include being a good role model whilst maintaining a professional relationship.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To build professional relationships with the young people and other staff
- To maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will involve domestic duties.
- To learn about individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following all policies and procedures.
- To assist young people with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the administration of emergency 'when required’ medication.
- To support young people to maintain their personal cleanliness, general hygiene and appearance, this may include intimate care, following individual care plan.
- To keep up to date with all communication/information systems.
- Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate.
- To assist or be a Keyworker/Personal Tutor for 1 or more young people as required/needed
- To support young people towards managing their own behaviour by using the skills and approved approaches.
- To promote equality, acknowledging individual differences and uphold the rights and responsibilities of our young people and staff.
- Do everything possible to safeguard our young people from any form of abuse from staff, visitors or each other.
- To complete accurate reports and keep written records for monitoring purposes as required.
- To attend all training as required and be prepared to achieve qualifications appropriate to the role at any particular time as specified by the company.
- To actively promote learning during all programmes and activities during residential and leisure.
- To actively promote healthy sleep routine.
- Attend work reliably and punctually and to follow a work pattern as required to fulfill the role which will include weekends and Bank Holidays and be prepared to work overtime when the need arises to maintain the quality standard.
- To support young people when preparing for and undergoing any transfer from one residential setting to another.
For new appointments, a selection panel will assess each of the points below against what you have written on the application form - so, as a job applicant, you should explain, by using examples from previous jobs, voluntary work or whilst you were in education, how you match these points.
To do this job effectively a person will need:-
- Awareness of the general health, safety and welfare of young people.
- Awareness of how young people develop and learn.
- Awareness of what equal opportunities and discrimination are and how it can be prevented.
- Awareness of what effective teamwork is.
- Ability to follow a work pattern and attend work punctually and reliably.
- Ability to participate in training and development to enable the job to be done to the required standard.
- Ability to work as directed and complete tasks reliably and to the required standard.
- Ability to go wherever our young people do and participate and lead indoor & outdoor activities
- To be able to communicate clearly and easily with young people and others in a variety of ways
- Ability to read and understand written work and to write clear and accurate reports/notes.
- Ability to form appropriate professional relationships with young people and others involved in their care.
- Ability to lead a shift if required
- Ability to plan, organise and evaluate activities appropriate to young people needs and skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
If you would like to be considered please apply to this position asap and I will be in contact to discuss further.
- Residential Care
- support worker
- young peopl
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'