Our Client is a market leader in the provision of international and DOMESTIC PARCEL solutions to both businesses and home addresses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR based out of our clients busy AVONMOUTH site. Shifts are 39 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7.
The purpose of this role is to oversee and supervise the team's performance and work load to ensure that targets are met in a safe and productive manner that ensures full service delivery ensuring business and customer expectations are met and that all that all metrics and measures are continuingly monitored in order to develop effective contingency planning, issue resolution and escalation management. Plan and organise the teams to ensure that operational requirements and service levels are achieved.
* Plan and organise the teams to ensure that operational requirements and service levels are achieved.
* Ensure that the teams are fully trained and performing in line with their job specification, compliant with company health and safety policy, including (but not limited to) manual handling and fire evacuating procedures.
* Ensure the team follow procedures in an effective way that delivers.
* Identify and train deputies to cover for periods of absence.
* Control and monitor staff holidays to maximise shift efficiency.
* Take responsibility for shift Health and Safety issues in conjunction with company Health and Safety guidelines.
* Manage use of temporary employees through close monitoring, briefing and motivation to ensure performance criteria is met.
* To control and monitor security of both premises and goods by continual vigilance and use of company security procedures.
* Plan contingencies in order to minimise business risk and ensure that all requirements are continually met.
* Develop and maintain effective local working relationships within the framework of the company's procedure agreements and associated policies.
* Daily reporting requirements and scheduling as necessary.
* Floor walking to ensure all best practice is being followed.
* Audit compliance, infringements and returns are all dealt with in a time manner.
* Ensure all Health and safety procedures are adhered to and audit accordingly.
The ideal candidate will be self motivated and able to drive performance of others looking to seek understanding of motivating factors and is an ambassador for great performance.
You will have the ability to understand the way in which the different parts of the business fit together, communicating effectively across all levels and demonstrating commercial awareness. Having a flexible and adaptable attitude and approach is important and being able to recognise when flexibility is required in order to meet the needs of the business. You will be able to demonstrate attention to detail, looking for patterns and trends and the outputs required from them.