Newly Qualified Accountant, Newtownabbey (Group Accountant)
Reed Finance is delighted to be working on this genuinely excellent, newly created role of Group Accountant, not just because we love this client, but because it offers a recently qualified Accountant a fantastic opportunity with real and tangible career development under the wing of one of our strongest clients!
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Group Accountant will play a vital role in ensuring the finance team is operating efficiently on a day to day basis whilst producing important management information.Head
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Timely preparation of accurate management accounts schedules including analytical review and identifying/highlighting variances to budget and previous periods
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Reviewing the chart of accounts and identifying opportunities to reduce costs
- Monitoring inventory levels and all the key processes around accurate inventory management
- Managing and preparing for the annual external audit process ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Ensuring company compliance with all monthly, quarterly and annual statutory filing requirements, including compliance with both HMRC & Irish Revenue tax regulations (VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax, Intra-stats) and statutory government surveys
- Monitoring and reporting group headroom on a daily basis and suggesting opportunities to maximise.
- Managing the relationship with the bank for the group factoring facility, ensuring daily and monthly reporting requirements are met
- Responsible for overseeing credit controllers to ensure customers settle their debts within terms and the company meets its debtor days targets
- Review of short-term cash forecasts and payment runs to ensure all suppliers are paid within terms.
- Working with department heads to collate accurate monthly payroll data and managing the relationship with the group’s external payroll providers.
Skills and qualifications required:
- A positive and engaging attitude towards colleagues across the whole business
- An understanding of the importance of customers and the value finance can add in giving them an excellent customer experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) preferably with circa one years’ post qualification experience
- Ability to manage a busy team to tight deadlines
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes and the need for appropriate controls, both financial and process, and the ability to contribute to continual development of these in key business areas
- Excellent ERP and computer literacy skills (strong Microsoft Excel skills essential)
For more information on this EXCELLENT role, please call Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast on . Alternatively you can contact me via LinkedIn. I very much encourage early application as our client is keen to move quickly!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'