Are you passionate about New Product Development, with a flair for innovation, keeping ahead of market trends and with the ability to lead a team to develop top quality products?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced NPD Manager supporting both the 'Dalesman’ and 'Gordon Rhodes (GR)’ brands and managing a team of 3. This is a well established business which has a strong reputation for high quality products. The postholder will be responsible for driving forward the Product Development agenda including NPD briefs, presentations, exhibitions, new raw material sourcing, taste panels and customer technical advice/problem solving, both in-house and at customer sites. Candidates will also liaise closely with the Group Sales Director and the Sales Representatives. Key responsibilities in this role will include but are not limited to:
- Development of new products from concept to launch including new product lines and product matching.
- Make business decisions regarding new product ranges including development, first production runs and new raw material availability and sourcing.
- Deal with technical and development queries and issues relating to customer accounts and maintain professional and efficient associates with customers.
- Sample preparation -BRC Accreditation requirements with respect to NPD Product Design and development as well as leading the BRC review team as required.
- Preparation and organisation of taste panels and external/internal presentations.
- Product application advice and demonstrations.
- Issue of recipe make-up guides and specifications and regularly reviewing and updating.
- To take the lead in new production innovation and market reviews and to undertake recipe and range reviews.
- Preparation for and attending exhibitions and shows as and when required.
- Work closely with the GRS sales team as their source of technical resource and support.
- Research and keep updated on new developments by reviewing current markets, process technology and trends within the food industry.
- Work pro-actively to increase the company product range and customer base.
- Working closely with the Marketing team reviewing trends & supporting the company strategy for product promotion.
- Inform customers of the development process and keep the customer updated on progress.
- Development sample prioritisation, despatch, history and progress.
- Day to day management and development of the NPD team.
- Responsibility for the Lab equipment and it’s maintenance.
- Oversee and delegate as required any project work related to the NPD Team.
This role would suit someone with previous experience gained at a similar level within the food industry and can demonstrate current knowledge of up to date legislation, safety and food process technology. Candidates should also have:
A Degree (or equivalent) in related food technology subject.
Experience of managing and developing a team, including planning prioritising and delegating work as/when required.
Experience of researching market trends within the industry to be able to develop new ideas and innovations.
- The ability to develop products from a customer brief and project managing these through the full development life-cycle.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present projects and ideas to Senior Partners and key account customers.
- Experience of working with demanding key account executives, sales reps as well as customers.
The ability to prioritise own workload and work tight and conflicting deadlines.
If you feel you meet these criteria and are seeking an exciting new opportunity then please feel free to get in touch or send your CV.
- Food Industry
- Product Development
- Product Innovation