Job Role: .Net Developer
Job Sector: IT
Hours: Monday to Friday 9-5pm
As a .NET Developer, you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
• Creating robust and effective integration solutions using C#, .NET Framework and MS SQL technologies. Other technologies required are T-SQL, Entity Framework, Web Services (SOAP, Rest and JSON etc.). ASP.NET, CSS and HTML is also required. Azure Logic Apps is advantageous, as is WPF and MVVC
• Support and enhance existing .NET bespoke applications at all stages of the application lifecycle using a number of .NET and Microsoft related technologies.
The role of .Net Developer reports to the IT Integration Manager and does not have any direct reports.
You are a highly analytical individual with a background in creating seamlessly integrated applications between on-premise and SaaS systems, who is able to diagnose and resolve errors. As an experienced C# developer (ideally with over ten years' experience), you have spent at least 50% of your professional career creating seamless integrations between different systems using Web Services and other techniques.
Accompanying your strong commercial C# development and application lifecycle management knowledge, you will be experienced in MS SQL, Stored Procedures and T-SQL, and with good knowledge of Entity Framework, SOAP, Rest APIs and JSON. ASP.NET, CSS, HTML, WPF and MVVC is a distinct advantage.
You are excited by and have solid experience with integration technologies. You also have a keen interest in either learning or further developing your Azure development skills.
You are more than just a developer. You will be an important part of the network that keeps our systems running by providing advice and expertise for our many bespoke applications in test and production environments.
Communication comes easily to you; you have the ability to collaborate with support experts, administrators and users. You have a high standard of both verbal and written communication.
You enjoy working in a fast paced and varied role, that's why this role could be the one for you.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
• Implement new requirements and bug fixes to bespoke integrations and applications.
• Provide architectural and best-practice guidance to peers and management.
• Provide development resources to projects.
• Recommending opportunities to improve, through problem resolution, automation or other means.
• Assisting the analysts to ensure that customisations and integrations are available and functioning during agreed operating hours, and recommending both corrective and preventative measures.
• Working with the Change Management process, and deploy development changes to test and production environments.
• Assist with test environment data refreshes, data migration activities, and other environmental changes
• Engaging internally with the whole of IT, as well as business colleagues as required. Externally this will be current or potential suppliers.
• Travel will be required on a regular basis with overnight from time-to-time. Initially travel for 2-3 days a week to New Milton, Hampshire in the first month.
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy - We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers dese
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job