Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: NDT Specialist
Pay: £26.50 LTD Company + 20% shift uplift
Contract: 12 months +
Description of the job
Working as part of a small dedicated team, carry out NDT examinations on aircraft materials (Composite and Metallic), components and structures in line with engineering requirements, with a high degree of autonomy. Candidates must hold EN4179 (or equivalent) Level 2 in Eddy Currents and Ultrasonic and will be expected to work shifts (Double-Days and/or nights, which will attract the appropriate shift premium), as well as some weekend overtime.
The job holder will report functionally and operationally to the NDT Group Leader, Broughton.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Nondestructive testing of aircraft materials (Composite and Metallic) components and structures across all business areas
- Ensure all in-house technical requirements are maintained i.e. controlling documentation, continuation training for operational areas, Operational Surveillance, supply of NDT reports to allow concessions to be raised, and instruction formulation and review.
- Line side support to operations
- Andon Support direct to operations
- PPS Support
- External/internal Audit support
- Concession reduction project support
- Carry out performance checks on in-house NDT Instrumentation in support of all business areas
- Maintain personal approvals in accordance with the applicable NDT certification scheme and in line with business requirements
- EN4179 (or equivalent) Level 2 qualification in Eddy Currents and Ultrasonic
- Experience in testing and inspection methods for both Composite and Metallic materials
- Served a technical apprenticeship, preferably in the Aircraft manufacturing industry
- Educated to HNC/HND level
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a small team
- Strong organizational skills together with a high degree of self-motivation and flexibility in order to meet tight deadlines demanded of the team
- Familiar with SAP systems and processes
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'