National Recycling Collections Manager
Salary: £35k, OTE £55k+
My client is a clothing charity and they are setting up a National Recycling Collection Network to complement their established door to door collections. Collecting charity donations as well as buying unwanted goods from non-charity suppliers.
They need a skilled and knowledgeable professional, able to source and secure stocks of unwanted household goods. Once established; to organise and coordinate the collection process across the UK.
Skills and Experience:
· Co-coordinating collections logistics across the UK
· Keeping up to date with market opportunities and developing the kind of knowledge, systems and networks to build and develop accessibility to recyclable goods
· This post involves a high degree of autonomy, it is a varied, challenging and a visible role, with contact with a range of people, possibly involving media contact/public speaking.
· Collecting and analysing data, compiling statistics, reporting on potential and actual donation levels
· Meeting priority potential donor suppliers, sourcing products Eg council recycling centres
· Conducting field visits at potential collections points to ensure a full risk assessment has been carried out before collections take place
· Working to 'best practice' principles and guidelines in order to maximise resources and reduce costs
· Managing budgets, proposing initiatives attending SMT meetings monthly
· Working closely with P&R and marketing team for big recycling collections - promote initiatives through advertising and publicity campaigns; participate in promotional activities
· Keeping up to date and complying with, recycling legislation/policy
· From time to time recruit and train volunteers in community organisations.
· The role is office based but a large portion of your time will be spent networking and visiting recycling sites, attending meetings and from time to time delivering presentations
· Monitoring results and providing weekly reports as required to key managers
· Building up a network of donors Eg. Charity shop and other retail outlets with the aim of collecting unwanted items /clothing from their chain of shops.
· Once this role is established and results have been assessed if there is a need for support staff your role will be to manage and supervise Recycling Collection personnel
· Undertake travel for work across the UK /Europe
· Occasionally working at the weekend for recruitment/networking/training purposes and attend training and learning and development activities and other events as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
· Effective communication and positive influencing skills
· A customer-focused attitude
· An appreciation of equality at work
· Leadership - as appropriate to the job roles and responsibilities
· A spirit of team working. with colleagues across the organisation
· Working efficiently and effectively and as a professional at all times
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job