This is an exciting time to join the team, with the Asahi business entering into a new phase of its journey in the UK and Europe, following Asahi Europe Ltd.’s acquisition of the Fuller’s drinks business in April 2019. The operational footprint in the UK has widened, bringing new brewing and distribution capabilities as well as an expanded portfolio - now including cask ales and ciders for the first time.
Asahi UK is a subsidiary of Asahi Europe Ltd and is responsible for sales, marketing and customer operations across the UK and Ireland. Asahi UK aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. The Woking based business is focused on developing quality, super premium brands and delivering commercial value in the marketplace, through a strong belief in collaboration, customer excellence and people development. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Since 2005 in the UK, and 2008 in Ireland, Asahi UK has been marketing and distributing its unique Super Premium Beer portfolio. Through its distribution discipline, supplemented by engaging and innovative marketing activities, Asahi UK is bringing value back into the beer category.
We are looking for an ambitious National Account Manager to assist in the growth of our Off-Trade business unit through the strategic development and partnership with two major supermarkets, Sainsbury’s and Asda; focusing on delivering an ambitious growth plan with market leading activations.
Your key responsibilities as a National Account Manager will include:
- To Support the National Account Controller with the development of commercial strategy and key projects
- Planning, developing and implementing key trading strategies within Sainsbury’s & Asda
- Responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of commercial plans ensuring the plan is delivered across all formats in a timely manner to ensure maximum benefit to Asahi UK
- Own relationships with all key customers to ensure the plan is delivered nationally
- Build strong relationships with key personnel both within Asahi UK and cross functionally within our customers
- Work with an enterprise-wide approach and within a structured pricing / trading platform to ensure the sustainable growth of Asahi UK brands
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of brand building activity, delivering world class brand activations in store
- Understand & analyse customer sales data to create compelling sales propositions
- Support the National Account Controller through the provision of strong financial account management & analysis
- Lead the commercial agenda within category ranging windows and review with ongoing data analysis and brand recommendation
Your Ideal background:
- Experience in building collaborative relationships and of conducting commercial negotiations with experienced Grocery buyers and other key customer contacts
- Experience in working with, influencing and leading internal colleagues across different functions
- Relevant commercial sales responsibility in a successful FMCG business preferred
- Has a proven track record of P&L growth & SKU mix management
- Excellent history of negotiations with a proven track record within a results driven culture
- Structured selling skills combined with strong drive and energy
- Leadership skills, a strong team player with a proven track record of project management and the ability to work cross functionally
- An individual that has the courage and conviction to not only make considered decisions, but to stand by them
- Ability to seek out and generate new business
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of:
- Extremely generous breakfast, lunch and dinner allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- 10-20% Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days holiday (buy up to 5 more)
- Car allowance
(This role will be home based with travel)
- Account Manager
- Commercial Sales
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'