My client is growing TOY business, looking for a Senior National Account Manager to drive business throughout Key/National Accounts within the UK, including Smyths, John Lewis, Shop Direct, Debenhams, Waterstones and W.H.Smith. The role will focus on UK Key and National Accounts with a strong focus on business development and door opening for a product you can really feel passionate about.
The company are looking to introduce a driven, forward thinker who makes decisions intuitively. This opportunity is suited to someone who is willing to commit to a 360 degree account management piece.
As the Senior National Account Manager you will report directly to and work closely with the Managing Director. You will be expected to assist with the strategic development of the business across Key and National Accounts within the UK. Responsibilities include ensuring the organic growth of your accounts and be continually looking for new ways to develop and generate business. The role is focused on account management; however you will be expected to develop new business as this will determine your commission.
The role includes travel on a national level however the role as a whole is home based, with office requirements once every three months. Extensive knowledge of the TOY industry is essential. Existing client base and relationships illustrates strong rapport building skills. You will be joining a supportive and driven creative team who are working to build an outstanding reputation within the industry.
- Accountable for delivering on targeted revenue and profit.
- Develop and agree revenue growth plans with clients, drive activity and monitor performance on an on-going basis.
- UK travel to secure client relationships and business development.
- Negotiate with existing and prospective clients to ensure the selling price maximises return for the company.
- Responsible for regular contact with clients to maximise account penetration and to maintain and develop client relationships.
- Responsible for managing your accounts on a daily basis, with support and involvement from others departments as necessary.
- Forecast business accurately.
- Promote the company image, products and strategies in a positive manner.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has national account experience, looking to grow into larger retailers and high street stores. The ideal candidate will be at National Account Manager level and be looking to take a step up into a Senior National Account Manager. You need to be comfortable and confident at liaising with people at a senior level and be able to 'hold your own' in negotiations.
The right candidate will have 4-6 years or more sales experience from a Non-Food Consumer Goods background and have direct TOY experience. The right candidate must be able to work under their own initiative and have the ability to develop mutually beneficial solutions.
Essential skills for this position include:
- Relationship management
- Results orientated
- Strong communication
- Commercial acumen
- Presentation skills
- Innovative / creative
- Toys / UK / National Accounts / Manager / Key Accounts