Job Description: MRP Database Engineer
Location: Larbert, Scotland
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Training Provided: Full Training in the Suite of software
Initial Duties and Responsibilities during Training / Learning period:
- Answer phone calls from customers and Log calls on our internal helpdesk system
- Listen to voice messages, Log calls and e-mail / call customer to make them aware their call has been received
- Read any new support e-mails to support, Log calls and e-mail customer to make them aware their call has been received
- Call customers and gather additional data about problems they have logged (Details of problem, example data (Nests / Parts / Post Processor / Database / Special tool data) as required
- Create Update disks and send to customers
- Create New Install disks, Allocate Hardware Lock Keys, Obtain License Documents (from our US office), package up and send to customers
- Call customers to chase signed License Documents that were not obtained by Engineers
- Assist during training courses
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Good Verbal Communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Work confidently within a team
- Ability to plan activities and carry them out effectively
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and e-mail
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
Skills that are not essential but are required for the area of business:
- Experience of using 2D CAD/CAM software.
- Experience of using 3D CAD software.
- Understanding of CNC machines would be a benefit, including the following:
- OxyGas Cutting
- Plasma Cutting
- Laser Cutting
- Waterjet Cutting
- Knife Cutting
- Press Brake
Duties and Responsibilities after Software training
- Start looking into problems logged to see the solution
- When calling back to get extra information start to try and solve the simpler problems
- To ask for assistance for more complex problems from UK Staff.
- To provide assistance to sales staff when other engineers are not available
- To arrange for USA technical support where problems cannot be resolved in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities after 3 to 6 Months
- To provide first line helpdesk support to external customers, internal sales staff and Resellers, assisting them with software problems via remote sessions, phone or email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To respond to enquiries from customers and help resolve software problems.
- To maintain a log of any software problems detected.
- To Support users in the use of software by providing necessary training and advice.
Longer Term Duties and Responsibilities can include
- Provide customer training in Office.
- Provide on-site training at a Customer.
- Performing software upgrades and training at a Customer
- Performing software installations for new Customer
- Commissioning of post processors for new machines at Customers
A clean driving license is recommended for career progression
Should you require further information regarding this vacancy please contact either Lesley Price or Lisa White at CMD Recruitment for a confidential conversation.
- Database Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job