Motor Finance Underwriter -
We are currently seeking a Motor Finance Underwriter to work on behalf of our client, a Financial Services organisation based in Solihull.
Underwriters will liaise with the Account Management Team, external Motor Dealerships and Finance Brokers. There is a close working relationship with internal departments which including Financial Crime, Credit Risk and Motor Finance Pay-outs.
The role requires individuals to deliver exceptional service and the ability to make credit decisions based on information provided / sourced in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities -
- Underwrite all referred motor finance applications received
- Make recommendations on lending criteria based on experience and examples
- Ensure full FCA compliance and adopting the Treating Customers Fairly principles within the business
- Dedicated to providing outstanding Account Manager support to resolve day to day queries and assist with building relationships with key stakeholders
- To take incoming telephone calls from customers, Motor Dealerships and Motor Brokers dealing with any queries arising in a professional and timely manner ensuring accuracy of information provided
- Make outbound telephone calls to customers, Motor Dealerships and Motor Brokers to obtain further information and to advise of any updates on finance applications
- Being passionate about getting the right outcome for the customer, whether these are commercial or end user customers by exploring the best way to process the application to ensure delivery of safe and fair outcomes.
- Ensure that Audit and Compliance are paramount to your daily business activities by adhering to business policies, procedures and regulatory risk frameworks
- Working as a team to ensure all business objectives are met efficiently
Skills & Experience
- Underwriting Experience would be advantageous
- Experience within Financial Services
- Knowledge of the lending application process
- Empathetic approach to help vulnerable customers
- Proactively support department growth and make recommendations to improve the customer experience
- Flexibility to work shift hours is required
- Quality driven with consistent attention to detail