Full-time MOT Tester and Light Vehicle Technician required for family run, friendly MOT, service and repair garage.
Experience of working within the motor industry is essential along with a valid Class IV MOT licence.
• Undertake Class IV MOT tests.
• Undertake routine servicing of vehicles.
• Diagnose and undertake general repairs to vehicles including MOT repairs.
• Performing diagnostic investigations into vehicle electrical system faults, such as ABS systems, DPF systems and providing reports on faults found.
• Undertake welding repairs to vehicles.
• Undertake air-conditioning system servicing and repairs - only if F-Gas certified, training provided if not.
• Greet customers and make them feel welcome and when required:
• Gather information from customers such as contact details, issues/symptoms with their vehicles.
• Take bookings, issue invoices and contacting customers when their vehicles are ready for collection.
• Obtaining estimates and ordering car parts from suppliers.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonable, and which are compatible with the role.
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent / Time served experience. (E)
• A valid Class IV MOT testing licence. (E)
• Completed year 1 mandatory MOT training with certificate/evidence. (E)
• A Full UK driving license with no more than 6 points (you will be subject to licence checks). (E)
• Experience in a professional workshop environment. (E)
• Good attention to detail. (E)
• Ability to work as part of a team and by own initiative. (E)
• Own tools. (E)
• F-Gas trained with certificate. (D)
• Confident telephone manner. (D)
• Computer skills. (D)
• Customer service experience. (D)
• Ability to deal with shifting priorities. (D)
(E) = Essential (D) = Desirable
- Vehicle Maintenance