Due to continued company growth, we are recruiting for an experienced underwriter to join an existing underwriting team, making decisions on both first and second charge commercial lending products, based in their offices in Whiteley.
Working as an Underwriter, you will receive a full benefits package including 25 days annual leave, an annual bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare and life insurance.
As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for assessing and underwriting mortgage applications from brokers and intermediaries to minimise risk to the company whilst adhering to regulations and standards.
Underwriter - The Role:
- Minimise and understand risk associated with each application
- Obtain all necessary documentation in order to accurately make a lending decision
- Liaise in a professional manner with brokers to fully understand applications and risks
- Manage a large pipeline of cases through to completion
- Provide an excellent service both internally and externally
- Deliver high levels of accuracy and attention to detail with regards to data and documentation, as well as communication of information
- Work with legal and finance teams to ensure all lending requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds
- Work closely with intermediaries to improve their product knowledge
As an experienced Underwriter, you will have extensive knowledge within the mortgage and loans industry, ideally holding your own mandate.
In addition to this, you will possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. This is an exciting opportunity within the mortgage industry for the right candidate, with excellent career prospects within a busy underwriting team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job