Job Title: Mortgage Underwriter
Location: Bourne End, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Between £35 - £45,000
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 28 days with length of service
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Benefits including Childcare Vouchers
About the role
Mortgage Underwriters required in Buckinghamshire with a new start up lender offering up to £45,000 plus great benefits. The roles will hold responsibility to support the business with the underwriting of residential mortgage cases within agreed Lending Policy.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Mortgage Underwriter
- Assessment and approval of residential mortgage loan applications within underwriting policy and individual lending mandate.
- Ensure that the principles of MCOB are adhered to throughout the processing of the application.
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the mortgage is both affordable and sustainable.
- Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self-employment and valuation reports
- Hold an underwriting mandate and the ability to confidently approve/reject applications in line with policy
- Accurately capture data via origination systems to ensure that all documentation is error free and correct.
- Provide input and feedback for any proposed Lending policy developments.
- Register the company's charge with HM Land Registry in a timely fashion following completion.
- Recent/current residential mortgage lending underwriting experience to include holding a lending mandate is essential.
- Hands-on experience of mortgage processing systems
- Knowledge of regulations as it affects mortgages and secured loans
- CeMap qualified desirable
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days
- new business
- Mortgage underwriter
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job