This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist mortgage lender that distributes via the financial intermediary channel in a market sector that is currently undergoing phenomenal growth.
- Process new business in line with credit policy, the responsible lending policy, the underwriting manual and the underwriting process manual
- Participate and contribute to ongoing business improvement activity
- Deliver a first class proactive customer service through inbound and outbound communication by telephone, email and letter to all case stakeholders including introducers, service suppliers, reference providers and occasionally applicants
- Build a thorough understanding of the products offered by the Firm, its lending strategy, credit risk policies, and processes
- Assess borrower creditworthiness and underwrite overall new mortgage applications credit risk from initial receipt through to completion
- Ensuring a high level of accuracy of data entry and ongoing record keeping
- Supporting the processing team and underwriting peer group in delivering an excellent compliant service with prompt and accurate decision at each stage of the process
- Either holding a current Underwriting Mandate or has previous held a mandate
- Manual mortgage underwriting experience is preferable but not essential
- Experience of assessing complex mortgage applications
- Solidunderstandingofthemortgage process
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Prepared to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise tasks with excellent communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate ever changing business needs
- Based in Leatherhead
- Up to £38,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus scheme (OTE £44,000)
- Company pension
- Private health care
- Flexible benefits platform
- Parking provided
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30 (1 hour for lunch)
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey.
- Customer Service