Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank found in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products.
Our speciality is in providing funding to established small businesses who are seeking to grow; by listening and working with these customers, we have developed a variety of lending solutions, ideally suited to businesses going through change. We also provide a range of savings products to our individual, business and charity customer base, all of which have access to our UK based customer services team who are on hand to support our customers.
Shawbrook is currently recruiting a Lending Manager to join its established property lending business. This is an exciting opportunity for a mortgage underwriter to join the bank at an exciting time of growth. The role holder will underwrite applications in a way that wins broker confidence in terms of speed, quality of interaction and decision making while protecting the firm against unacceptable risks.
The Lending Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Checking applications meet the criteria of the requested product.
- Check the validity and acceptability of documents sent in with application against agreed criteria to allow a rational lending decision in accordance with lending policies.
- Assess proof of ID, Mortgage history, Equifax search, Affordability in accordance with company and FCA procedures.
- Answer Broker telephone queries to assist completion.
Suitable candidates for the position of Lending Manager at Shawbrook will have the following experience and skills:
- Previous, recent experience as a secured lending underwriter, ideally from a mortgages background.
- Detailed knowledge of procedures and working practices within a secured lending environment including an understanding of all operational areas.
- A detailed understanding of the requirements of the CCA including regulatory guidance provided by FCA in relation to secured lending.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mortgage Underwriting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job