Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Frederick House, Brighton – Covering Brighton, East and West Sussex
£19,089 per annum (rising to £20,093 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week - Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 17:00
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently looking for a Mobile Caretaker to join our well established Estate Services team based in Brighton. As part of a small team, you will work on a variety of caretaking and cleaning tasks across 3 to 5 sites per day, covering East and West Sussex.
The role of Mobile Caretaker will include:
- Undertaking general cleaning and caretaking duties including, cleaning of communal areas, removal of bulk waste and basic repairs
- Completing all paperwork associated with works undertaken
- Identifying potential faults, ensuring these are reported and monitored
- Working with customers to resolve issues and improve services
- Ensuring tools and equipment are kept in a suitable condition and stock levels are maintained
Skills and experiences:
- Previous cleaning or caretaking experience is desirable
- Experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workload
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, or similar
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.